Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A beautiful morning with Fanny

Early this morning I made my way to Inzing near Innsbruck to visit my friend and fabulous Austrian Stampin' Up! demonstrator Fanny Minne.

View from my car on the way to Innzing
I see the Kitzb├╝heler Horn on my way to St.Johann
This time it was just the two of us, time to brainstorm, discuss, exchange ideas and have me puzzled by all the great ideas my friend has brought to paper and is still working out in her mind.
I am glad I have Fanny here in Austria, as I in serious withdrawal mode, missing my stampin' tools and supplies sooo much.  That is why Doctor Fanny prescribed a small dose of stamping, and she was right, I felt much better right away.
I made this birthday card for my sister-in-law, she loves vintage style ....


Fanny too likes vintage style cards, she tells me she always goes wild using the Distress Tool. 
See here what Fanny designed this morning ...

She started out with a die cut butterfly in So Saffron cardstock, set it on a piece of Whisper White CS and sponged it in Early Espresso ink using a sponge dauber.
You can see how "wild" she went with distressing, I was too shy to do that, now that I see the outcome, watch out cardstock, I am coming onto you next time ....

The sentiment is from Butterfly Basics stamp set,
item # 137154 (Photopolymer), pg 26 of Occasions Catalogue. Here in Austria we obviously used the German version of the stamp. The butterfly was die cut using Butterflies Thinlits Dies.  The base of the card is Crumb Cake.


 Fanny hand cut the butterfly image that was left after she sponged. Sorry, missed taking a photo of that.  She stamped background onto the well distressed Whisper White mat, mounted the cut-out, decorated it with a piece of our beautiful Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim, tied with some Linen Thread, and to top it all off my friend added some bling, 3 large Basic Rhinestones. The card base is Early Espresso.
I hope you all enjoy the story of my day as much as I enjoy my time in Inzing.
Find out more about Fanny Mine by visiting her blog.




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment