Q: I love the ornament featured on the front of the Holiday catalogue. How do I make it?
A: That ornament is all the rage in the stampin’ world! This month, you can receive the Festive Paper-Piercing Pack with our Christmas Gift Promotion.
You’ll be surprised that you can create such a beautiful ornament from paper. It takes a bit of time, but is actually pretty simple to do. And it makes a great gift.
• Ornament Keepsake stamp set (#128048 wood, #128051 clear)
• Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies (#127816)
• Big Shot (#113439)
• Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink Pad (#126966)
• Old Olive Classic Ink Pad (#126953)
• Very Vanilla card stock (#101650)
• Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334)
• 1-3/8” Circle Punch (#119860)
• 3-1/2” Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (#127841)
• Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)
• Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (#127555)
• Large Pearl Basic Jewels (#125577)
• Linen Thread (#104199)
• 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon or other ribbon for hanging ornament
• Rosette Die (#125594)
• Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper (#126901)
• Silicone Craft Sheet (#127853)
• Bone Folder (#102300)
• Hot Glue Gun and Glue
Step 1: Stamp 20 of the larger ornament images on Very Vanilla card stock with Old Olive ink. Cut out with the coordinating Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die using the Big Shot. Stamp 20 of the small ornament images on Very Vanilla card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink. Cut out with the coordinating Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die using the Big Shot. Score 15 of each ornament in half from top to bottom using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Fold in half along the score line.
Step 2: Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere three of the scored ornaments together. Adhere one half of the first ornament lined up with one half of the next ornament and then do the same with the third ornament. Leave one half of the first and last ornaments un-glued. Repeat the steps until you have created 5 sets of the 3-ornament groupings in each ornament style. Add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the halves of the first and last ornaments in the 3-ornament grouping. Adhere to the back of an un-scored ornament of the same style. Repeat for all 5 sets of each style.
Step 3: Punch a circle from scrap card stock using the 1-3/8” Circle Punch. Place the circle on the Silicone Craft Sheet. Add a line of hot glue around the edge of the circle. Position the necks of the larger Old Olive ornaments, flat side down, evenly around the circle. Press into the hot glue. Use the Bone Folder to avoid burning yourself.
Nest the smaller ornaments with the larger ornaments.
To finish up, add Tulle Ribbon and linen thread, and create a rosette to add to the center of the ornament with the clear button using hot glue. Punch a hole for ribbon at the top. Optional: Add Dazzling Details Stampin’ Glitter or Champaign Shimmer Mist to add sparkle to the finished ornament.
© CraftyPerson Production. Images © Stampin' Up!